Pages

Thursday 19 December 2019

Making a Racket

I had learnt that long time ago wimblendon became the last "Grand slam to grant" Women equal prize money.

The second fact I had learnt is in 2005, Venus Williams won wimblendon in what was the longest womeans final in history.

The last fact I had learnt was Serena made $84M less than one of a professional tennis player named Roger Federer.


This week I got asked to watch a video about two sister Vemus and Serena Williams that are American tennis players. After that I had to write on my blogpost three things that I have learnt off the video and one thing I would like to know.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Charlize,

    Well done for completing another Summer Learning Journey. I had no idea that Wimbledon was the last Grand Slam to grant women equal prize money. Did you know that Serena Williams has won 23 Grand slams! That’s three more Grand Slams than Roger Federer. Do you think there is anything more that you would want to learn about tennis or equal pay ?

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlize!
    This activity you did was great. Great job on completing this activity. What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlize,
    It was great to find that out that even though it took them a while women now get the same as men in Wimbledon. The difference in prize money seems huge as even though Serena Williams had won three more grand slams she still made 80 million less than Roger Federer.

    ReplyDelete