Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

In The Beginning | SLJ Activity 1.

1. The Maori name of New Zealand is Aotearoa which means the land of the long white cloud. 

4. New Zealanders are also called kiwis but kiwi is not a fruit. It is New Zealand’s native flightless bird.

10. The largest city in New Zealand is Auckland although its capital city is Wellington.



LI: to learn history of New Zealand. 
Today LS1 has began the Summer Learning Journey activity's. Our first activity is called in the beginning. I chose 3 fun facts about New Zealand history from this site to finish this activity. I leaned history of New Zealand. My DLO above my blurb is the 3 facts i have chose.I really enjoyed my work that I have completed and looking forward for the next activity.           

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Charlize,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey for 2018/2019! We are so happy to see that you are already completing SLJ activities. I am a part of the team that will be reading and commenting on your blog posts this summer.

    You did a great job on this activity. Thank you for sharing these interesting facts with me. New Zealand is such an amazing country to live in.

    Keep up the awesome blogging!

    Talk soon,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlize!,
    Great work on completing the first activity of the Summer Learning Journey. You did amazing on posting the three facts about New Zealand. Did you know any of these facts before?
    Keep Up The Great Blog posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlize!
    Its great to see that you are partaking in the SLJ programme. Will you be continuing this? I know I will. You have done a great job at the first activity of the SLJ programme. I hope you finish the programme!
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlize,

    Well done for completing this task. I did this activity too. It's great to see you completing a lot of SLJ activities. Did you enjoy doing this task? Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlize,

    I am glad to see you completing these SLJ activities during these summer holidays. I did this activity too. The top 3 facts that you've stated are amazing. My favourite fact would be The largest city in New Zealand is Auckland although its capital city is Wellington.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings Charlize!
    The fact that Interest me the most was that AAuckland is the biggest city in New Zealand! What fact made you shocked or surprised? I liked how you added the site from the summer learning journey activity.

    Keep it up!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete